Monday, October 4, 2010

See You Saturday, MSU.

I recently got into a minor disagreement with a State fan. Being the life-long, die-hard Wolverine fan I am, I actually ended up getting pretty worked up about it, though, and with the upcoming game this Saturday I decided I couldn't let it rest.

The Spartan's comment? Calling out that UofM football has only won 2 national championships since WW2 in comparison to State's 6 in the same time frame. Touche - fair point - can't really argue against that one. What I DID have a problem with, was that the Spartan went on to make this one stat his basis that it is, 'about time that UofM (aka "big brother") gave it up and cashed in their social security.'

....Excuse me??
While I know one ignorant fan isn't a realistic representation of the entire institution, I'm still going to throw a blanket statement in saying, let's take it easy over there, MSU. We might only have two national championships since WW2, but we are one off from DOUBLING MSU in total national championships.

To continue, MSU has won the rose bowl a measly three times. U of M? Eight. We also have the second most Rose Bowl appearances. MSU? Not even in the top five.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I will end this rant with three numbers that just don't lie: 67-30-5 ... Yea, that's U of M vs MSU's record.

While I am sure there are plenty of other ig'nint followers out there, I am going to let history speak for itself and side with the Wolverines for this game.

See you Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment