Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tardy for the Party

Heidi's #1 crush, Bill Belichick, sent 4 players home from practice yesterday for being late. The team had an 8 a.m. meeting and players who arrived late were asked to leave including Randy Moss, Gary Guyton, Adalius Thomas and Derrick Burgess.

Asked for comment, Thomas seemed quite upset that he was sent home blaming the weather and traffic for his tardiness. While I appreciate the realities of life, I also know that Belichick is a no nonsense kind of coach, as are most in the NFL. On the one hand, Thomas claims he didn't know it was supposed to snow. On the other, I'm sure it's Belichick's position he should have checked the weather the night before. After all, 49 other players and, most likely, the practice squad arrived on time.

What has come of all this is confirmation from Thomas that he is not a Jetson and cannot "run people over." While I'm sure Stallworth might beg to differ about whether he could, I'm sure he would agree Thomas should not do that.

Even I know what Belichick expects and I am not at all surprised by this common reaction of NFL coaches to tardiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment