Wednesday, May 5, 2010

For, lo, the winter is past.



The rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth.
The time of the singing of birds is come,
And the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.

Ernie Harwell, after 42 years with the Detroit Tigers and being inducted into the Sportscasters Hall of Fame, passed yesterday at the age of 92.

Last September during his tribute Ernie shared this, "I do feel like those people out there were my friends, and I hope I was their friend, because it is a unique association that you have with your listener. I really appreciate the fact that they take an interest in me. I don't know if I deserve that, but all I tried to do was just be myself."

A humble beloved man, RIP Ernie Harwell. Public visitation will begin Thursday at 7am at Comerica.

No comments:

Post a Comment