Saturday, March 27, 2010

And the Strapping Jock Award Goes to...

Even though he lost the chance to make it into the Final Four, John Wall still wins our heart for Strapping Jock of the Month AGAIN, and trust me this is no sympathy vote. (This is a pretty big deal too, since no athlete has EVER been crowned SJTM twice!) If you have been hibernating for all of winter, John Wall is currently a freshman playing for the University of Kentucky Wildcats and, as of now, is ranked the #1 top prospect for the 2010 NBA Draft.

In my opinion, John Wall is the next big thing. At first glance, I thought "him?" He is no Shaq in size, has no signature dunk like Michael, but rather, speed is his secret weapon. As he flies down the court plowing through defense, he scores, and follows through with his own "John Wall Dance." That's when I get it. This kid is going to take over the basketball world. He has already graced the cover of Sports Illustrated, won ESPN player of the week in his first collegiate week, and broken nearly every UK record. Not to mention, he has his own alcoholic beverage named after him: a shot of blue raspberry vodka, sour mix and sprite. Mmmmm almost as delicious as he is!

With having the looks and speed to kill, it's no wonder John Wall may leave UK to enter the NBA draft. He has taken the entire sports world by charm. UK's Coach Caliapri calls him the "perfect player" that is just a "good guy." I don't know what more we can ask for in an SJTM. Possibly date one of us? I guess next time I'm down in Lexington "visiting my boyfriend" I'll do some serious stalking and go in for the kill myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment