Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Olympic Outfits Overly Branded?

This year’s 2010 winter Olympians will be struttin’ their stuff in style during the opening ceremonies, sporting some classic Americana looks made by the trademark in classic American designs – Ralph Lauren.

Ralph Lauren - Olympic Outfits

Don’t get me wrong, I always love the big pony, but the size of the signature Polo symbol has some people in an uproar. And while part of me hates to admit it, I have to agree; does the pony really need to be the size of Texas on the Olympic uniforms? I mean, it’s bigger than the American flag on the polos and hats, and the same size as the Olympic symbol on the jackets. C’mon Ralph, you’re supposed to be all-American – have a little more tact when clothing our athletes.

On the bright side (for those who aren’t offended by the king-size pony) the entire line is available to buy online, and some is even customizable.

No comments:

Post a Comment