Saturday, January 23, 2010

NFL News: Prince writes a song for the Minnesota Vikings...

The Minnesota Vikings play at the New Orleans Saints this weekend in a matchup of the top two seeded teams in the NFC. It should be a good game, with two high-powered offenses and their Pro Bowl QBs going at it down in the Bayou for a shot at the Super Bowl. While I normally don't have a vested interest in either team, I know that I'll be rooting for Drew Brees and the Saints to pull this one out. While some might be rooting for New Orleans primarily because they don't want to see the 40 year-old dinosaur Brett Favre get another ring, I will be rooting for New Orleans so that I don't have to hear Prince's new Minnesota Vikings song, "Purple and Gold".



Yes. Prince wrote a song for the Minnesota Vikings. And don't get it confused with Purple Rain, because this song is awful. I feel bad for Prince, who was once one of the best performers out there (but, as this song has shown, has clearly experienced some tough times recently). But I feel worse for the Minnesota Vikings, who have to identify with this song, which sounds like a patriotic hymn gone wrong. At least the Vikings also have Brett Favre's signature hit, "Pants On the Ground", to offset this dud.



Now, in regards to actual football, I will give my picks for this weekend.

New Orleans 31 Minnesota 27 (see above)
Indianapolis 24 New York Jets 14 (Mark Sanchez can't keep it going forever, and Peyton Manning has been in this situation before)

No comments:

Post a Comment