Friday, September 18, 2009

This Week in the Life

I have had a wild and crazy week. First, I left for Ann Arbor last Thursday. I met so many new friends while I was out there! It was great! We met the guys from the Big Ten Network - shout out to Tommy, John, Rick, Kyle, and, last but not least, Nick. I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in probably 10 years. I saw my little brother whose team got beat - in probably the best college football game I have ever seen - except perhaps the 2003 OSU-Michigan game. All-in-all, great weekend.

I returned to NYC and on Tuesday my sister and I went to the Baby Phat fashion show during fashion week. We saw Kimora, Kim Kardashian, Russell Simmons, etc. I began to think during the show that models are actually great athletes. Think about it: they have to be in peak physical condition, AND, at 5'10" they have to walk down a runway in 4-inch stilettos without looking down despite being stick thin. That takes tremendous balance and concentration. I have a hard enough time doing it while looking down and not being stick thin. I'd actually like to have a physicist do an analysis of the calories this would burn... or not.

Modeling is truly like walking in stilts! So, then I starting to think about the circus and trapeze artists. And, I decided I really wanted to see Kobe do trapeze! I mean, Pink's doing it! Mostly, I think my desire is rooted in the fact that I want Kobe to fall and break every bone in his body in breach of his contract since I doubt he has an exception carved out for the ultra hazardous act of the trapeze. The rationale - kill two birds with one stone: stop his bitching and avoiding paying his salary in one foul swoop! No pun intended!

No comments:

Post a Comment